I cannot believe I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’ve seen this floating around, but never really knew how it works. I want to thank LeanSixteen so much for nominating me. You should take a look at her blog if you haven’t already. She offers some great health and fitness advice. Be sure to follow her.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I got started:
In the past I never really considered blogging. But after getting married and having a son, I felt like I needed something for myself. Thus healthy.nappy.nerdy.mommy.com was born. These 4 name topics are very big parts of my life and personality being: healthy living, natural hair care, nerdy entertainment like comics or anime, and being a mom and wife. I try to alternate which topic a blog about so one does over dominate the other. I hope to appeal to a broad range of folk.
I feel weird giving advice, because I have only been doing this for a few months, but here goes:
- Find your niche and run with it-These topics that I write about are things that I am always thinking about, researching, and talking about. Stick with what you know and love. If the content is authentic people will know it and love it as much as you do.
- Be an active participant- Don’t just focus on your blog alone. Follow other blogs, like, and comment on their posts. Create a dialogue and give people a reason to come back to you.