I used to have a gym membership and would workout 1.5 to 2 hours a day. Now that’s not a possibility. So I’ve had to change my approach trying to get in a 30 minute-1 hour work out in at least 5 times a week. These are my go-to workout during the week, that anybody can do mostly without the need of equipment.
- Beachbody On Demand– This is the best investment I’ve ever made. At $100 for the year you get access to ALL of their workouts. I wish I knew this before I purchased Insanity & Cize.
- Workout DVDs– I have Beachbody Insanity & Cize, but if you don’t want to splurge you can find plenty for $10 or under at Walmart or Amazon.
- Circuit Training– I do a variety of body weight exercises for the upper body, lower body, core, and aerobic moves right in my living room including but not limited to: sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, tricep dips (with chair), flutter kicks, planks, jumping jacks, high knees, jogging in place, and burpees. Pinterest is great for ideas.
- Yoga- Its great for the mind, body, and soul. After intended a few yoga classes I can do my own 30 minute workout but Youtube is a good resource for this. Beachbody on demand also has yoga workouts.
- Jogging or walking– I will typically alternate jogging and walking for 30-45 minutes around my apartment complex or on the treadmill in the fitness room. I’ve started to go to a local park and I’ll do a 4-5 mile jog. I’m proud to be able to do that now.
- Elliptical– this requires some resources, my apartment complex has a small fitness room so I can use the elliptical in there. I will also use the universal weight machine for some resistance training.
- Dancing/Zumba– I was a Zumba Instructor for 3 years, so I still remember routines and have the DVDs with routines that I learned for classes. Sometimes I just search for my favorite songs and wing it or do some that already have dances (Soulja Boy, whip-nae nae, ju ju on that beat, ect.) I also, enjoy Just Dance. I plan on getting the recent addition for PlayStation 4 which no longer requires the camera.
- Freebies & Special Events- Gyms and other fitness facilities are always offering free passes to get your membership. My favorites to hit up are Cross Fit community days. Some other options include Zumbathons, various races, African dance classes, flirty dance or pole dancing classes. Check your local Parks and Recreation Department to see what they offer.
- Hiking- I started hiking for the first time and feel in love. This is something I am trying to do on a monthly basis. I go to a nearby mountain national park with a group of ladies for work. Obviously this won’t be a regular option for you if you don’t near a mountain, but if you’ve never tried it and the opportunity presents itself give it a go.